The Junior section of Frome Triathlon Club encourage fun and game based learning and exercise, particularly focused on the sport of Triathlon, i.e. swimming, cycling and running.
We currently run a weekly session every Sunday between 3pm and 5pm at Frome Sports and Leisure Centre. This consists of swim, bike, run and transition skills / training sessions. The session is suitable for beginners to experienced junior athletes between 8 and 14yrs old. Juniors should be able to swim 25m front crawl comfortably and be able to repeat this after a short recovery.
You’ll need the following to participate:
What we’ll provide:
- To develop Juniors’ fundamental movement and physical literacy, e.g. coordination, balance, range of movement. We do this with engaging and fun games
- To develop Juniors’ appetite for exercise and sport, particularly swim, bike and run (triathlon)
Membership of the Juniors:
Juniors are entitled to try a session before they Join the club. There is then the option to:
- Pay as you go at £5 per session (parents / carers will be required to pay and register their children before each session, or block book multiple session in advance). We offer a discount for more than 2 children - automatic at registration.
- Pay montly at £18 per month, payable by a recurring PayPal payment.
- Club Membership
- Attendance at the weekly Sunday session between 3pm and 5pm
- Swimming fees for the above
- Coaching fees for the above
- A number of adhoc sessions (for some there may be an additional charge).